Foster Carers Association NT has offices in Darwin and Alice Springs with permanent and voluntary support staff in key regional centres. We have an independent Board of Management that consists of foster and kinship carers and affiliated organisations, drawn from across the Northern Territory and with a shared passion for quality care that gives children the best possible start in life.
Foster Carers Association NT works in partnership with government and other agencies to contribute to policy and legislation and represent the needs and interests of foster and kinship carers.
Our services include:
- being a voice for foster and kinship carers through advocacy and lobbying
- raising issues on behalf of individual or all carers to improve policy, standards of care and the needs of carers
- providing confidential advice
- providing information on carers rights
- sharing tips and knowledge to help carers with their work
- training and professional development
- mentoring and support
- providing information to people thinking about becoming a carer.
Code of Conduct
At Foster Carers Association NT we are committed to supporting and sustaining good work practices and continually striving to improve our work environment so we can provide the best possible service for our clients.
Our Code of Conduct encourages all Association members, Board members and staff to:
Be open and frank
- project a positive image
- nurture an open communication ethos
- listen without judgement, speak clearly and truthfully
Be respectful and value diversity
- treat others as we expect to be treated
- recognise the value of diversity; culturally and socially
- respect and behave sensitively to differing beliefs and values
Earn public trust
- be open, honest and accountable
- honour our clients confidentiality and privacy
- earn the confidence placed in Foster Carers Association NT
Be honest and demonstrate integrity
- be truthful with self and others
- be prepared to voice opinions, take action and be accountable
- be truthful and accurate in recording and reporting information
Be fair and just
- provide quality service for all
- behave impartially and with fairness
- respect the rights and contributions of all in the organisation
Participate in the adventure
- work together to achieve shared goals
- develop yourself; personally and professionally
- explore and pursue new opportunities to meet evolving needs
At all times, we should aspire to uphold these values and allow them to guide our activities and interactions.