Community Engagment Officer - Darwin based
This new role offers an exciting opportunity be an integral part of our dynamic team working towards FKCA’s vision to empower carers through knowledge, support and advocacy.
The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for continuing to build and expand the Association’s community profile, liaise with our members and connect carers with support services in the child protection out of home care sector and wider community. They will also be responsible to map and undertake projects to review and develop new support services.
There will be opportunities to broaden the scope of the Association by working closely with the team to develop new projects that meet the strategic goals of the agency and add greater value for our foster and kinship carers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership on communication and engagement projects.
- Plan and facilitate community engagement forums, sector events, networking and social events.
- Produce documents and promotional material of a professional standard for carers that comply with FKCA’s branding policy, and are suitable for external communication to a variety of target audiences.
- Develop and sustain relationships with external service providers and identify opportunities for mutually beneficial partnerships that progress FKCA toward its strategic objectives.
- Represent FKCA at various sector, government and professional events, networking opportunities and to the Association’s members.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of Community Engagement programs and strategies.
- Keep up to date with relevant youth sector trends, gaps and information.
- Participate in relevant training and development activities as an effective team member.
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by management from time to time.
For a copy of the Job Description please email [email protected] or phone Foster and Kinship Carers Association NT on 1300 030 928.
Applications are to be received by close of business Monday 20 August 2018.